Submit Annual Return of Earnings (ROE) to the Compensation Fund
Every year by 31 January, the Compensation Commissioner will issue a return of earnings form (WAS.8) to all registered employers which must be completed in full.
The return of earnings form must stipulate the following important information:
- updated contact details of employer ( e.g. physical and postal addresses, telephone numbers, nature of business; etc)
- number of employees (workers) employed for the assessment period (1 March to end of February)
- the earnings (salaries and wages) of every employee up to the maximum amount determined by the Compensation Commissioner for the assessment period (1 March to end of February)
- nature of business of the employer
It is the responsibility of the employer to ensure that all the information provided to the Compensation Fund is accurate and complete.
If the return of earnings is completed by an agent or a payroll administrator of the employer, it is compulsory for both employer and the agent/payroll administrator to sign the declaration.
It is a serious offence to make false declarations or fail to render a return within the prescribed period.
All return of earnings forms must be submitted by 31 March each year.
It is the responsibility of the employer to ensure that they are issued with the return of earnings and submit by the closing date.
NOTE: Financial statements or any additional information may be requested for further clarity.
What you should do
The return of earnings form (WAS.8) may be submitted in the following manner:
- May be hand-delivered at the Compensation Fund offices in Pretoria, or at the nearest Labour Centres in any province of the Republic of South Africa.
- May sent to the following postal address:
P.O Box 955
Call Centre number: 0860105350
(Documents are provided in PDF format. To open PDF documents, you need to have Adobe Acrobat Reader 4 or higher installed on your computer.)
How much does it cost
The service is free.
Forms to complete
(Forms are provided in PDF format. To open PDF documents, you need to have Adobe Acrobat Reader 4 or higher installed on your computer.)
Return of Earnings, Form W.As.8
Originally appeared on labour.gov.za on 18-02-2014. The views expressed herein are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect those of estome. estome accepts no responsibility for the accuracy, completeness or fairness of the article, nor does the information contained herein constitute advice, legal or otherwise.