Health and Safety Inspectors may enter any workplace, accompanied by anyone who is able to assist them, to get any type of evidence. They may also block off unsafe workplace areas.
Inspectors may –
- enter any workplace;
- question anyone in the workplace;
- examine and copy documents;
- inspect and remove any item that is or was on the premises;
- invite interpreters, members of the SAPS, or others to accompany them; and
- block off unsafe workplace areas.
Originally appeared on labour.gov.za on 30-05-2008. The views expressed herein are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect those of estome. estome accepts no responsibility for the accuracy, completeness or fairness of the article, nor does the information contained herein constitute advice, legal or otherwise.